One of the things you hear after a candidate for Election loses and is often true.
There are a lot of low information voters out there.
One of our goals is to provide a framework to allow residents to understand the issues that affect them and make smart decisions. With our busy lives, information overload, misinformation and lies, this is easier said than done. We need to break up complex issues into easy to understand items. Blogging is one way to do that but it requires you to follow some best practices.
Here is a good blog post structure
- Raise the issue (Title)
- Captivating Introduction
- Explain the background
- Highlight the action being proposed
- Talk about the Impact
- Ask questions
- Call to Action
- Include photos, diagrams and links to more facts
- Lingo and abbreviations needs to be linked to explanations
The goal here is to inform and engage the audience with thoughtful commentary that raises questions. You need to make the reader understand, care and take action on your issue.
- Post topics can be on anything that impacts Santa Clara county residents to improve our parks, schools and quality of life.
- Well-written and high-quality original article (Google hates duplicate content).
- We reserve the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit.
- No personal attacks. Focus on the issue.
- Facts should be backed up with external links.
- One sentence bio about you, the author.
- No more than 800 words
- Send us an abstract/summary of what you are planning to write about.
- We will review it and get back to you.
- Send us a word document of the blog post with images and links.
- Once we review it with you, we will post it.
Let’s engage our residents. We are looking forward to your posts.